Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Corrupted contact list after Exchange restore 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

achilleus

IS-IT--Management
Oct 3, 2001
US
Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Our Exchange 2000 server had a hardware failure. I have restored everything from backup (used Veritas). Everything seems ok; EXCEPT contacts. They were restored, but most are blank or just say SMTP on them. Or are missing the names.

Does anyone know a reason for this? Or a solution?

Thanks!

AJ
SA
HS

I have the SAME EXACT problem. I am using BackupExec 8.6. Everything is fine - all the emails, calendar items, journal entries . . . except the contacts. Some come through properly, but very few. I have gone through a couple weeks of backup tapes but to no avail. They all return the same results.

Here is something interesting, though. When I browse through the Exchange mailboxes on the backup tapes, I can see ALL the contacts in the Contacts folder for each user. The names of the contacts are there, so I know which ones are missing. However, when I restore them, they simply say, "No Subject 'x'." One or two might come through correctly, but that is all.

Thank you for any help you may forward.

Some of the contacts seem to be ok. Just most of them say "SMTP" but dont display a name or any other info. I have had no sucess with finding a solution.

AJ
SA
HS

I have this same problem too. I don't supposed anyone has come up with a solution since this was originally posted? This is driving my users, and thus me, crazy!

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back