Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Corrupted Access 2010 database

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domino2

Technical User
Jun 8, 2008
GB
I have been plagued with Access 2010 bugs, but now I have a real problem. I deleted a query, and it went into a rapid succesion of dialogues asking do I want to remove table relationships which I said no, no,no. The database then started to empty of forms, and generated a 1k record locking file. I have tried the usual trying to import forms etc into a blank database, but I only got queries and tables out, but when imported put up another error and the blank database dissapeared.

Anyone any ideas, this is absolutely crazy, thanks

You might want to try a decompile of the database, and see if that fixes it. I've used that just recently to fix some weird database issues.

Here's one reference, and you can search the web for others:

Even though the database is messed up, go ahead and create a backup copy before trying anything else... if something goes wrong, you can end up with even a worse mess.

Also, worth looking over Allen Browne's tips, I think. For that, to find different pieces, look at the results from this search:

For one thing, he covers some information about why you should disble the Names Autocorrect feature, as its known to cause corruption in 2007/2010 databases.

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back