Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Corrupt Term. Serv. NT Profiles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boston33

MIS
Jan 9, 2005
US
Hello,

We are using a Medical Application with Microsoft Term. Services.(It has patients records and posted charges.). The term. server is separate from the database server. It is Win2003.

If an employee is using a locally installed copy of the med. app., it works OK.

If an employee uses a remote d.top(term serv) session with the app., it has problems. The app. isn't finding the dll's in the session, even after adjusting the environment variables. If we create a new Active Directory/Term service account, the problem goes away for the user.

This just started to happen. Some of the r.desktop/term serv. sessions are OK. Is there something that corrupts the NT Profiles/Term Serv. Profiles?

Thanks for your help.

I have had this issue with certain VB apps in the past. When they logon via TS where does their profile reside? Are u sure they have a path to the DLLs otherwise have u tried copying the DLLs to the users profile directory (as a test)

It resides on the server, in the documents and settings folder. I have found that if I delete the following files (NTUSER.DAT, NTUSER.DAT.LOG, SETTINGS.LDB, and SETTINGS.MDB) and let them recreate when the user logs in again, it resolves the problem. The only issue is that I then have to reconfigure the medical application, Outlook and our other applications as this removes their settings. It seems like the problem is getting worse. More of the profiles are having issues. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back