Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Corrupt Pc Accounts and Resetting a machine account password....

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcjunkey

Technical User
Nov 29, 2004
US
Hey Guys -
A couple days ago I posted a question about computer accounts becoming corrupt on our win2k server. Mysteriously they would randomly disable their own computer accounts. I am not on site, and don't have the event logs but I think I found a solution.

I think their machine account passwords have changed....thereby not allowing them to correctly authenticate themselves through the secure channel in netlogon.

See:

and

and

anyway....

Like I said, I'm not on site and I'm looking to see if any domain admins know how to force this change without using netdom. The problem is netdom will sync with active directory and everything will work as planned, if I could remove the pc from the network, change the security id, and see if it that actually is the problem, I could utilize the registry hack in the last article...

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back