Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

corrupt or missing file 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimZap

Technical User
Sep 29, 2003
US
Upon boot get corrupt or missing file |windows\system32\config\system error

Tried to place setup disc upon booting, select "r" for repair, then type sys X: ( where x=drive) but keep getting file not found error.

TIA,
jim

what if after i typed in "r" to restart the computer, it reboots and return me to the prompt type r to restart from CD.

(I am havin the same problem. I do not have Recovery console. I have changed the BIOS to read from Cd already, but it gives me a loop). I cannot get in to DOS for any commands. Help

Thanks bcastner for the article from digitalwebcast. It worked great until I got to opening up the System Volume Information file. After opening, the files still were hidden even after following the instructions. I'm sure if I could get past this point I'd solve my dilema. Any suggestions how to view those hidden files? Or could that folder just be empty? And if so, then what do I do?

TIA,
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back