Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

corrupt mdb

Status
Not open for further replies.

helena

Programmer
Apr 17, 2001
PT
Hi!

I have a VB application that uses an MSAccess 97 database. There are many
users accessing that database throught Terminal Server. After a few
connections the problems appear. The database gets corrupted and the users
are not allowed to connect to the database without first repairing it.
I used LDB Viewer and there values indicating that users accessed corrupted
pages.
Someone as ideias about what's going on?

Thanks

Lena

A database becomes corrupt when the system and hidden tables within the DB schema get "out of whack".

It sounds as if you might have a concurrency problem with the database. Does the problem always occur when a specific number of users have accessed the database or a specific number of current users are logged onto the database?

It sounds as if the problem can easily be replicated. What types of testing have you tried. I might be able to offer a fresh perspective on it?

well, I don't know much about the problem, but the person who was trying to find an answer to the problem says that

"I have an application that uses DAO and Jet3.51 to create a multiuser environment.
Some months ago I began receiving some "3343 - Unrecognized Database Format"
messages. The network was checked and everything was OK.

I found out that if I open several times my application, the LDB file appears
with several repeated entries. Is this OK? (I don't think so)

Another problem is: if I have a Terminal Server accessing an Access database in a
remote server, all the computers connected to the terminal server will appear in
the .ldb file as the terminal server himself. This will cause more repeated
entries (in the .ldb) and conflicting access to the database (I think)."

and

"I think the locking on the database is done using the "computer name" as
identifier. When you use the terminal server to access de database, all the
computers will have the same name (the name of the server). This will cause,
in
my opinion, confusion in the locking system."

If you could give as some help we appreciate a lot.
Thanks

Lena

I am having a similar problem and was searching Tek-Tips for possible answers. I ran across this old post from Helena. I have an application with source code in 1 mdb and the data in another. A User wishign to start the application gets the notification that the database needs to be repaired. This occurs even though there are several other people already using the database (add new, update, query) and functioning properly. Everyone exits, we repair and all get back on.
I also looked at the LDB using LDBView and have noticed, on occasion, the same computer name listed more than once.

Did you ever resolve this problem or determine a possible course of action?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back