Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Corrupt mdb files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerard1

Programmer
Mar 9, 2001
US
I've had several mdb files corrupted. I'm using Access97 SR-2 on Win NT. It is a multi-user environment. Anyone have any tips on avoiding this problem?
Thanks in advance

Hi Gerard1,
I have had a few similar issues and they usually have to do with compacting the db over the network...i.e. I don't anymore. The backend is backed up at short intervals but about once a week or so I move it local, copy, compact repair and shoot it back. I've still had a crash or two but the frequency is way down. There can also be complications if any of your users are running 98 on their workstations. I wouldn't know the specifics but it is something to consider. Hope this perks up some thoughts, Gord
ghubbell@total.net

Gerard1:

Some food for thought:

How often are you compacting & repairing the database? Are you removing all of your recordsets & such after each use? What are you doing via code to handle the multi-user environment? Is the code & data separated, and if so, how is it setup?

Also - make sure to check the MSDN knowledgebase for the problem you are having, if you haven't already.

Good Luck,
Ken Hood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back