Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

corrupt l_intl.nls

Status
Not open for further replies.

kashew

Programmer
Feb 22, 2001
US
I just upgraded my system from an Athlon to a pentium IV. I imaged the disk to the new system successfully. However, on boot I keep getting an error "missing or corrupt \WINNT\SYSTEM32\l_intl.nls"
I run CHKDSK /R from the recovery console and it fixes an error. Then I boot successfully. Next time I turn on the PC and try to boot, I get an error again and have to repeat the whole procedure to get W2K to boot.
I've reconfigured the Region options, but that doesn't seem to fix the file.
Does anyone know what could be happening?

Did you image the Athlon system, and apply it to the new Pentium system?

Thats a BIG no-no..they use different chipsets, processor, mobo PCI bridges, etc. I'd reinstall the OS clean if thats the case.

If you want to tinker with it..boot to safe mode (if you can), and remove/uninstall all system devices in device manager, and reboot normally to see if Win2K reinstalls those devices with Pentium-compliant drivers and hardware.

If you need data off that drive..try to boot to anything you can (command prompt, safe mode, etc) to copy what you need, and start fresh.

Rule of tumb is NEVER image and reapply to another computer that is not 100% identical to the system you imaged. I cant stress that enough.

Hope you get what you need - maybe there's a quick fix if you're lucky in safe-mode..but i wouldn't count on it.

Good luck chief..
Pbxman
Systems Administrator

Please let Tek-Tips members know their posts were helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back