Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Corrupt Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

slezakm

Programmer
Jul 17, 2000
US
I have one client that is has an extremely slow network and is extremely impatient.  They have corrupted their database 3 times in the last 3 weeks.  Everytime they get a missing or corrupted index error, and can't open the file.  I know with other software you can isolate the table definitions in a separate file so that they can be rebuilt.  Any ideas if this can be done in Access 97?

No, Access has everything built into the .MDB so you don't have to keep track of it. You can use the database spliter to move the data out to another .MDB but I don't know if that will help<br>Making a .MDE out of will surely help.<br>See my FAQ's on that.<br><br><br>Also. Tell your impatient Client to "upgrade the equipment". It's proven time and time again that spending money on FAST PC's pays for itself in increased productivity.<br>And a Pentium III 500 is less than $1000.00 <br>Dell <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> has 3 or 4 of them right now.<br>

Unfortunately, I can't split the database or create an .MDE because its the back end of a thirdparty software.&nbsp;&nbsp;But thank you for the help.&nbsp;&nbsp;And as far as the system, its very speedy.&nbsp;&nbsp;(550 PIII) However, there network is a 10T.&nbsp;&nbsp;Yuck!!&nbsp;&nbsp;Thanks for all your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back