Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Corrupt GW user database? Argh!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mateo1041

MIS
Aug 19, 2003
US
Hi all,

We're having some trouble with a user's GroupWise 6.5 client. Starting today, it is showing a few blank lines when browsing email. Everything will run great until those blank lines are shown (like if you scroll up). Then things slow to a crawl.

I've already run an Analyse/Fix, Structural Rebuild, Re-Create User Database, and Synchronize. Yet the problems persist and get worse. When I try deleting the blank lines by highlighting and pressing the DELETE key, either nothing happens or the GroupWise 6.5 client will crash completely.

This only happens with one user. How would I go about cleaning up those blank lines? Or how would I go about restoring an old version of her GroupWise database? It looks like after running the Re-Create User Database, this particular user now has everything dumped into the Cabinet folder and it is a mess. This is yet another reason to restore from a backup just for this particular user.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks much.

- Matt.

Ok, I restored from the user's DBA file in /ofusers and she is now back where she was...with the exception of the blank lines and extreme slowness. The blank lines refuse to delete and when I try, the client crashes. It doesn't matter which computer I try it from either. And the GW utilities also don't work.

Grrr....

Per advice on the Novell discussion boards, I installed GroupWise WebAccess this weekend and went in through my browser. Going in through WebAccess worked! I was able to identify the blank line as being a New York times email that was causing all the problems. After deleting this New York times email, the email account now works great once again when using the GW Client. Strange how this email did not show up in the GW Client and only showed a blank line.

- Matt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back