Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Corrupt file in Exchange Mailboxes\SMTP

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillyL

IS-IT--Management
Jul 18, 2000
US
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this but I'll give it a try.

My backup is failing because of the following error:

WARNING: "\\SERVERNAME\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes\SMTP(SERVERNAME-{F4D317B4-F182-4FA9-9FEF-0BEAF75FDB36})[connection/cn=smtp(servername)/cn=-{F4D317B4-F182-4FA9-9FEF-0BEAF75FDB36}]TempTable#6 Delivery Status Notification (Failure)" is a corrupt file. This file cannot verify.

My question is, where can I locat this file to delete it. I know when I get similar messages referring to mail in a user's folder I can go to the user's Outlook and delete the message but I don't know where this particular offending file is located.

Thanks

Billy exclude that mailbox from being backed up - it is a system mailbox and hence you would never need to restore it.
The mail inside it is dynamic.

Two questions (forgive my ignorance):
1. Where exactly is the system mailbox so I can de-select it for backup.
2. Do I ever need to clean out that mailbox? If so, how do I access it.

Thanks for your valuable help.

You will see the mailbox in the Mailbox listing in BE - should be called SMTP(SERVERNAME-{F4D317B4-F182-4FA9-9FEF-0BEAF75FDB36}

System mailboxes are those which are not users mailboxes - another one is the SA or SystemAttendant mailbox.

You don't need to clean these mailboxes out - Exchange will look after them for you

The only problem with that approach is that the same thing will happen with User mailboxes. Use ExMerge to delete the corrupt message. You can target specific mailboxes and even message subject lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back