Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Corrupt Data

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnnieBlueEyes

Technical User
Nov 22, 2004
US
My backups keep failing because the file cannot verify on D:/Users Shared Folders/Margo/My Documents/margo.pst - Database or database element is corrupt.

This has happened sporadically in the past, but now it's been every day for the last week.

I scanned the file for viruses but it's clean. How do I repair a corrupt database?

Thanks for anything you can suggest!

Thank you! I didn't think it was anything to worry about, but I couldn't find anything on it.

Thanks again for the info!

Hello,

Do you have Open File Agent (OFA) activated? (If you purchased it) It will take a snap shot of the open file. OFA is useful if you have this problem systematically.

Have a great one!
k5g

I think I understand now what was happening. Apparently this employee leaves e-mails open occassionally. I went over this morning and found about 5 individual e-mails that were left open since Saturday. I think that's why it's happening sporadically. She doesn't turn her computer off at night, so it probably can't verify when e-mails are left open.

Thanks for your assistance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back