Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Corrective information !

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobymc

Technical User
Jan 1, 2010
ID
I google this old thread in this forum as follow:
<<<(IBM ServeRAID-4 Ultra160 SCSI Controller Device DriverInstallation Instructions)Installing device drivers for a ServeRAID-4Mx, ServeRAID-4M,ServeRAID-4Lx, or ServeRAID-4L controllerNote: Windows XP Professional supports only the ServeRAID-4Lx controller.if u have IBM PC SERVER 330 WITH ServeRAID controller ServeRAID-4Mx, ServeRAID-4M or ServeRAID-4L controllerand u want to install win2k/XP profestional on it then just unplug the serveraid controller cable from server raid adapter port and plug it into internal normal SCSI port and disable serveraid controller in Cmos settings.>>>

Looks like misleading some reader, I'd managed WinXP on Serveraid 4L some years ago. WinXP will work on IBM SCSI RAID 4L Controller as primary BOOT OS.

PS:
I also found this on other forum:

<<<<IBM Netfinity 4500R - windows installAsked by nc-tech in Operating Systems Miscellaneous
Tags: 4500r, netfinity, ibm
Hi all,

I have an old IBM Netfinity 4500R server with ServeRaid 4L - SCSI-controller. For some strange reason it does not boot from CD. I even tried to change the Cd-reader but no go.
After that I made Win2000 boot disks and booted with them and pressed F6 to assign additional SCSI drivers. I used the drivers from IBM´s support CD but setup does not find any hard disks.
If someone can give me the solution to this problem it should be highly appreciated!

Best regards,
Benny
>>>>
=======================================================

______________===== IBM SCSI raid controller have to be configured before it can set a Hardisk as a working DRIVE.+++++
Cheers,Bobymc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back