Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Corporate WAN issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alkemac

IS-IT--Management
Jun 3, 2003
ZA
We have a WAN in our corporate environment. Each of our 6 branches has its own Exchange server. Our Exchange server in head office replicates every 10 or so minutes to these branch Exchange servers.

I've developed a VB6 application, which places an email in our Head Office Exchange server in a named folder under "Public Folders->All Public Folders". This then replicates to the branches.

However, when the user in the branch opens the email, which is prepared so as to be able to send to the client, the "Send" button is missing off the form and has been greyed out in the menu options. If I open the form locally, I can see the send options being available.

Does anyone have any idea what the issue could be please ?

Possibly the security settings on that particular public folder?

Maybe check the folder in your system manager, and make sure they don't just have the 'read-only' permission.

just my first thought..
snoots

Hi.. checked that out and the user has ownership rights on the folder...

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back