Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Corporate Directory Not Updating 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

km9v

MIS
Jan 11, 2011
US
I'm on 7.65 using UCM, the corp dir is not grabbing changes that have been made. Under CS 1000 Services\Corporate Directory\ it's able to generate the CDR but none of the info in the csv is updated.

I'm not that up to date with the latest software, but I would have thought that there hasn't been many changes in the way it's done from when I last "played" with it.

I would start off going into "pdt" to navigate to where the cpdir0.csv file is located.

I did update a guide I had previously done for the older software versions on the manual method on how to update the corporate directory. You might be able to follow the guide and find out the details of your cpdir0.csv file to see if it had recently changed.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Well, I wanted to get the automated process to work in UCM. I really don't want to have to do this manually from now on. Right now it has the source & target for the corp dir as the main leading sig server?

Do you have package 381 ?

Also

The Common Network Directory (CND) is the data source for corporate directory files. All
information required for generating corporate directory files should be published in the CND.
Subscriber Manager, Corporate Directory application and CND are installed on the primary
UCM server. The Subscriber Manager application manages the subscriber and accounts data
in CND.

Has this ever worked?"

Yes, it worked on the previous version 5.0 & was synchronized on TM.

The following two reports below might help you.

System Manager 6.3 upgrade has removed subscriber manager which was the interface between CS1000 Extns and Corporate Directory.
Now CD can be created from USERS in System Manager. But it is not ery straightforward to get the users from the CS1000 to the System Manager.
So a little workaround can be used to at least get CD working.

Steps include.
Get all the users and their extns off of the Telephones interface in Element Manager. This can be exported as a CSV file.
Then alter this file to put it in the same format as Corporate directory.
Import to CD.

eg
EM - Phones - Reports

SelectDefault CPND
Export the file to your PC.
Open with Excel
Sort by LAST name.

You now have a csv file with all the names and extns.

UCM Network Services - Corporate Directory
Export
This will let you save a file to your pc.
Open the CorpDirReport and see the format.
FIRST_NAME LAST_NAME PRIMEDN CUSTOMER DEPARTMENT SYSTEMID

From the CPND sheet - Copy all the entries
Paste the entries into Corp Drir
Add Customer 0 to all the feilds.
Department can be empty.
SystemID (Copy one if it exists, if not leave blank and cross your fingers)

When complete, save file as a csv file

UCM Network Services - Corporate Directory
Import
then Upload.

To check the file has went on ok, pdt into the call server. And
cat /u/db/CpDir0.csv

This will print off the file and let you see your entries.

##########################################################

Details:
Unable to Generate a corporate diecrtory file for use on CS1000 call server being managed by System Manager 6.2 onwards due to subscriber manager being removed at 6.1
Fix:
Use UPM = User Profile Management

As part of the merge of Unified Communications Management (UCM) and System Manager (SMGR), Subscriber Manager was available in SMGR 6.1 deployments to support provisioning of CS 1000 phones and CallPilot mailboxes. In SMGR 6.2, Subscriber Manager was replaced by User Management (UPM).

The template based CS 1000 and CallPilot provisioning previously performed using Subscriber Manager was added to UPM.

The CS1000 Corporate Directory application had a dependency on Subscriber Manager, and in SMGR 6.2, this dependency is now on UPM. UPM must be populated with users and their communication profiles (i.e. phones).

The supported methods for populating UPM with users and profiles are documented in the SMGR guide - Administering Avaya Aura System Manager. Options for populating UPM include entry via the user interface, LDAP sync, bulk import (XML based), and web services. The document also contains instructions for migrating user data from Subscriber Manager to UPM.

For further information refer to PSN003928u dated 19th February 2013 & the current System Manager admin NTP which is called Administering Avaya Aura® System Manager

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Let me rephrase, has this ever worked on the 7.6 ? Completely different animal than TM and 5.5

When I run the Default CPND report, I do not get FIRST_NAME LAST_NAME columns. I get CPND_NAME.

EDIT: OK, I had to change the configuration of the default report to include CPND_FIRSTNAME & CPDN_LASTNAME

Thanks FirebirdScrambler. This did it. I find it odd that Avaya de-automated this process in 7.65. Upgrades are supposed to make system management easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back