Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Corporate AntiVirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masterpjz9

Technical User
Nov 12, 2001
US
I'm looking for an anti-virus solution for a windows 2000 domain with a total of 10 computers (including the server). I already have Symantec Antivirus SMB 8.0 and we need to renew that. It costs $254 to renew it and I also want to look at other options. I'm looking at Trend Micro's Client/Server Suite for SMB. Anyone know which product is better? Any advice or tips?

I've never used either one of those, but we just upgraded to the new version of Sophos last week and I love it! If you think you may be interested in that, I can tell you about some the feature in it, or you can read about it here:

Hope This Helps!

Ecobb
Beer Consumption Analyst

"My work is a game, a very serious game." - M.C. Escher

I second Sophos. A really nice product.

James P. Cottingham
-----------------------------------------
[sup]To determine how long it will take to write and debug a program, take your best estimate, multiply that by two, add one, and convert to the next higher units.[/sup]

BTW, Information Security magazine named Sophos as the anti-virus product of the year. See:
James P. Cottingham
-----------------------------------------
[sup]To determine how long it will take to write and debug a program, take your best estimate, multiply that by two, add one, and convert to the next higher units.[/sup]

I've used Trend's NeatSuite for NT and it's great. Server, WS, Exchange AV in a bundle.

Trend Micro is a great and stable product. Try it is well priced line of protection.

Worth it !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back