Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

coroprate desktops but different resolutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

lachesis09

IS-IT--Management
Apr 2, 2007
GB
Hi

I need to deploy a corporate branded desktop preferably through GPO or login script.

What I'm trying to do is to have a different wallpaper depending on screen resolution as certain applications require native resolutions.

For example

800 x 600 = 1.jpg/bmp
1024 x 768 = 2.jpg/bmp
1280 x 1024 = 3.jpg/bmp

I tried creating an active desktop html page which redirected to another page depending on the screen res but it didn't work.

Has anyone got any really smart ideas on this? Willing to consider all methods, bath files, login scripts.

Thanks for your time.

Code:
REG ADD "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop" /V Wallpaper /T REG_SZ /F /D "\\%LOGONSERVER%\netlogon\whatever.bmp"
REG ADD "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop" /V WallpaperStyle /T REG_SZ /F /D 0
REG ADD "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop" /V TileWallpaper /T REG_SZ /F /D 2

Try playing around with the options - you should be able to have just 1 wallpaper size and have it scale automatically depending on the resolution.

We use BGI as someone has already suggested above and it works a treat :)

Been using it for a few years and no problems. It's very helpful for support to - users can tell you the name and IP of their machine when reporting issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back