Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CorelDRAW10 + XP (NTFS), and CorelDRAW11

Status
Not open for further replies.

discofly

Technical User
Jul 21, 2003
GB
Hi,

I'm having great problems installing version 10 onto a Windows XP professional machine, with a NTFS HDD. I've looked at the support on corel.com and done everything they said, but i still can't get the programs to open properly.

I think I may just upgrade to Graphics Suite 11. However, I've not found much documentation about how much better it is on XP - is it much better for XP?

You didn't give any details as to what you really mean by "great problems installing v10 on WXP" and "can't get the programs to open properly". How about details as to what goes on during install? What happens when you launch the app? Does your logon acct have admin access or not?, etc, etc.

Hi,

It installs, but then when i go to open it, various warning boxes come up. After searching the Corel forums it gives me some instructions which i do, but then another warning box comes up. It's to do with access, and write permissions for users, and power users etc...

I think it's basically because version 10 wasn't designed for XP... so i suppose what I'm asking is, is version 11 better suited to XP?

neither v11 nor v10 were written with user restrictions in mind. If you're not on as a higher-level access user, some things won't work unless you do a reg hack (details as mentioned in another post here).

Have you updated the corel draw 10? Some of the patches might solve you problems.

discofly, um, no one can really do much troubleshooting on error messages if you don't actually tell people what the error messages are.

corel v.10 and v.11 both do not properly work in winxp prof. operating sys..
however it properley gets installed and does run properly
2-3 times ..but afterwards both 10 and 11 give the following message at the startup..i.e,

CorelDRAW(R) has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

And in the details..it shows

Error signature:
AppName: coreldrw.exe AppVer: 11.633.0.0
ModName: cdrcore110.dll
ModVer: 11.633.0.0 Offset: 0019aaf3

so can anyone sort it out..

ukyoinblood,
I have the exact problem you have had with CorelDraw 10 and 11. It installs a works a few times and then the error message above. I can usually fix most problems on my computer but this one is a stunner. I haven't made any progress at all. I did notice that on Corel 10 when I tried to start PhotoPaint, I got the correct intro screen which list exactly what is loading as it opens. This program always crashed on "Loading Application Environment". Although this tidbit has not helped me, I hope it might give you some further insight into the problem. In the beginning I thought I was the only one to have this problem, because it seems most people can get it to work. Possibly you and I have some configuration or installed program that is the same and is causing a conflict. I am running multilanguage windows xp prof.
Hope we get a solution soon. Just not knowing why is driving me crazy.

After trying many different things, I repaired the program using the repair option on the install menu and it works so far. But for how long I don't know. I am currently using CorelDraw Graphics Suite 11

hey,
synergman
thanks for letting me know some solution for these corel 10 and 11 problems..i have been workin on them,but didnt find the exact cause of the crashdown..
however as u said the repair option works fine ,(ya i knew)and also reinstalling the software makes it run fine for somedays..
but again for how long i dont know..actually the repair option is something like reinstalling the corel sotware..
it copies and overwrites the dll's and other files..which makes the programme work fine a couple of days..now lets see how far we can go with the repair option..i am still finding out ways and my time to solve this corel crash problem..

i'll let u and others know the solution,who have the same kind of problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back