Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CorelDraw problems 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kogg

Programmer
Jun 7, 2003
GB
Hello
My friend has CorelDraw on his AMD 1Ghz, 756 MBs of ram system, running WinME. The problem is it runs like a clapped out old banger. The files he opens in Corel are around 80Mb in size. Are there any issues that are known for this system degredation?

Try tweaking the memory settings in OPTIONS.

Increase the swapfile size and virtual memory.

Nick

I have instaled corel 11 now have problem canot scan from my primax scanner into corel 11 I have also corel 10 scan works fine but cannot scan in corel 11 can you advise PLEASE

Do you know how to force Corel Draw 9 to creating virtual memory files not in root of disk but in some subfolder, e.g. temporary folder ???

This is very important to me because of user restrictions to use root folder on disk.
When I open big graphic file, Corel generates error message, because it cannot create virtual memory file on c:\ I need to redirect it to e.g. c:\temp or %temp%
B-(

Pabloxp,
Depending on your OS, there are ways to increase/move virtual memory to your own specified location.

Assuming you are running XP (from your user name):

1.) Goto Control Pannel
2.) Select System
3.) Advanced Tab
4.) Under the Performance section Click "Settings" button
5.) Advanced Tab, select "Change" button under Virtual Memory section
6.) Change to a different Drive (assuming you have a different one, or at lesat change the size and see if that helps.

If you don't have permision to write to the drive, you should talk to your System Admin and have them change this for you (at least temporarilty) and once the change is made, hopefully it will not ask you again.

One other thing you can try, I know it has helped me in the past.

Hold down F8 while double-clicking your CorelDraw! icon... it will prompt you about "Clearing the workspace".

Just my $0.02

"In order to start solving a problem, one must first identify its owner." --Me
--Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back