Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

coreldraw DXF export makes poly lines instead of circles

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobotDude

Technical User
Jul 16, 2008
US
I'm using CorelDRAW version 8. Yes I know it's 10 years old, but it does everything I need. I tried upgrading to version 10 but didn't like it.

I create simple line drawings to be cut from plastic on my lasers which looks like a printer in windows. I now have the need to transfer my simple vector drawings to a waterjet house. They require DXF files. Exporting from Corel Draw as a DXF results in poly lines instead of circles. This is unusable by the waterjet place.

This is a fairly common problem so I think someone has to have addressed it with a 3rd part conversion utility. um, right?

If anyone has any ideas I would love to here back from you. Thanks, Jim

For one of the better DXF converters go to Aidsoftware.co.uk or look up Bezarc it can produce correct dxf from ai or cmx files and Draw V8 will export to ai at least.
Alan D

Thanks Brushman,

I have already received an email from Jim over there. He verified that it will do the trick. Thanks again...

Well Bezarc costs $450.00! And although it does create 4 arcs instead of an 8 sided poly line, the 4 arcs are not connected, so I would still have to do much rework connecting the parts and joining the nodes in order for the file to be usable. I might as well just redraw them with a cod program. :( Any other ideas?

Hmph, looks like this is one of those one answer wonder forums. You get one answer regardless if it's helpful... Thanks anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back