Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Corel Photo Paint 10 Export to BMP or JPG Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmlakey

Programmer
Feb 24, 2003
AU
G'day,

I am currently using Corel Photo Paint v10.415 and I am having some issues trying to create either JPG or BMP images. Sometimes it will export and other times it will not.

My current graphic/file has a greadient fill background, two text objects and a picture object. If I choose export-->export from the file menu, i have only the option of exporting to a Corel PhotoPaint *.cpt, TIFF *.tif, Corel PhotoPaint 7/8 *cpt or Adobe Photoshop format.

I have tried merging all of the objects with the background, but the problem persists.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, cmlakey.

I replied in the Corel Draw thread, but one thing that came to mind; if using Corel Photopaint, make sure that the image is converted to an 8 bit image. I can't remember off the top of my head, but I believe it is similar to version 11, where you go to Image->Color Mode and chose 8 Bit (it used to be called "Convert to" in version 9 if I recall). Maybe that will help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back