Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Corel on Mac and Mac flack

Status
Not open for further replies.

mezzi5

Technical User
Dec 15, 2007
GB
Ahh, I now know of another reason why Coreldraw comes under fire. Given that alot of graphic artists use Macs, probably at some point alot of them tried Corel 11 on Mac.

Corel 11 on Mac is SHOCKINGLY BAD. Yes, its identical visually to the PC version but try to use it!! Its like another program altogether.

Holy cow! Thank you Macintrash for turning a great app into something hideous. It might have been Apples attempt to destroy Corel and then buy them out so we can all drown in iDraw, iPaint, iTrace and a sea of iThings.

All I can suggest to try to rectify this faux pas is: Mac users, run Windoze virtually on your computer and try PC Corel v11,13 or 14. I think PC v11 was one of the best releases yet.

I was doing some training on Corel and the only version the customer had was V11 on a MAC and yes it was horrible to use, I couldn't see any overwelming reason to use a MAC anyway and V11 was very slow and clunky. Corel Draw on a PC is brilliant and later versions even more so.
Alan D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back