Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Corel linux hardware, etc 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

coreluser

Technical User
Jan 5, 2006
CA
I am planning to install Corel Linux on my p4 1.6GHz machine. That is if it can be installed on this new of a machine. If it can't I'd appreciate being informed.

If it can, then I have several questions.

1. I tried finding a hardware list for CL but had no luck. Can anyone tell me where I can find a list of hardware that CL will support? Specifically a CD/RW.

2. I am on a LAN and will need to connect. I am now using Netscape 6 build 2600 and Outlook Express. Can I use them?

3. I will need to know how to setup for keeping unwanted hackers, etc out of my system. Where do I get docs/books on how to do this?

If I can get CL to work on my machine and can get hardware, LAN, printers, modem, etc to work I plan to dump Windows totally.

Any help or replies will be greatly appreciated. I'm a UNIX user but now am on a PC. I need some help. Thanks in advance.

I don't think there will have the problem with that machine and for the hardware stuff you can search by ...I am sure that you can find it there...and for the security you can start to read this book..."Hacking Exposed"
It is a good book which will tell you vunerability of the server...you can go and read some by " They have "Hacking Linux Exposed" as well but I think you should read the fist book that I have told you.

Hope this help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back