Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Corel Draw v5.0 prints better than Corel Draw v8.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

s050399b

Vendor
Sep 27, 1998
US
Dear sir/mdm,<br>
<br>
I have Corel v5.0 and Corel v8.0 and a HP DesignJet 250c.<br>
<br>
I find that the print quality is better when I use Corel v5.0 to print my<br>
drawings.<br>
<br>
Why is this so?<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
Please advise,<br>
Jacky<br>
<br>

I would need more specifics about your setup to diagnose the problem but here are some things to check. 1) Did you go thru the print setup in Corel8 to see if the settings match the settings in 5? 2) Check the settings in the HP's settings. 3) In the printer setup from within Corel8 click on Properties/Graphics and check to see what the print quality is. Experiment with all these properties and you should be able to get the problem solved. Also make sure you are using the CorelDraw8 profile in the print window.<br>
Hope this helps.<br>

Howdy! How do I go about doing the profile thing? When I try to select other profiles, it would prompt me for the file needed; which I do not have.<br>
<br>
Regards<br>
Jacky

There should be a default Corel profile in there. If not, then you may have a different problem. To create a new profile, you just adjust all your settings and save them as a profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back