Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Corel Draw 9 only converts my changes to a pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

lighty07

Technical User
Jan 14, 2008
US
Hi Everyone,
I imported a pdf into a new graphic. I made a couple of text changes over the import. Everything shows up as I want it in a page preview and as a corel doc. However, when I convert to a pdf - the only thing that shows up are my text box changes and 1 imported graphic. I thought that it maybe had something to do with "order" - but can't figure it out. I've never had this problem before. I'm using Adobe Reader 8 and Corel Draw 9 on windows XP. Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong?? Thanks for your input.

Some versions have two PDF import filters -- one which only allows the PDF to be placed as a single object (you can move, resize or delete it but not edit it) and another which tries to create individual objects for every element within the PDF. Those objects can be ungrouped and individually edited.

Whichever you used, if you have another PDF filter it might be worth trying it.

Also make sure that you don't have the import on a non-printable layer -- do you get the same problem when printing?

Thanks Harry99. Everything shows up on the screen - but when I print - only the text that I added prints.

What is a PDF filter?

Import filters control the list of file types that show up when you import a file.

You can select which import filters you want as part of Corel's installation program so if it shows any PDF filter that is unticked when you re-run the installation, tick it and allow it to install.

If there aren't any unticked PDF filters, then a second possibility is to open the PDF in acrobat reader, select a postscript printer and print to file. You can then import using the "PS,PRN,EPS -- Postscript Interpreted" filter which creates editable objects and in older versions at least is likely to do a better job than the PDF import filer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back