Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Corel Draw 9 - BUGS!.. problems with hanging etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carrrl

Technical User
Apr 28, 2003
GB
Please help me someone!. i have regrettably bought corel draw 9 (version 9.531). i have windows me.

I have only used it briefly so far, but have found it to be one of the most bug filled piece of software ever! it hangs constantly, crashes and saves files only to reopen them completely blank..

am i missing something? corel website seem to no longer acknowledge corel 9 draw ever existed. have i been screwed by pcworld!? anyone know of any bug patches etc?

pleeeease!

I have been using Corel V9 for the last 4 years with almost no problems what so ever. I am not at My PC that has Corel loaded on it right now, so I can't say if it is 9.531 or not. Have you tried uninstalling and then a reinstall, or possibly loading on a different PC to see if the problems you are having are consistant.

hey,
carrl
the problem u have was quit commen to me .. however u didnt not specified the system configaration of urs so.. let me know about it.
maybe i can help u.. after that
bcos there r many factors that cause the crashing of the software..and also do tell me wheter u work with multiple programmes at the same time..and what r they

so long.

Sorry to hear of your problems, V9 was regarded as one of the better versions as well but you can try these suggestions.
1. Installing Draw with other programmes running ESPECIALLY Anti virus apps. is known to cause problems.
2. (this is true of V10 and V11 - maybe V9) Start Draw with F8 pressed to load with default work space. If you have customised yours save first.
3. Have a postscript printer set to file as your default printer (any will do)
4. CDR files that do not open try importing rather than opening.
5. Styles can cause problems. If you have a problem file and you do manage to open it, export as cmx - import as cmx then save as normal. This will strip out any corrupt style information.
I am assuming that every other programme you have is fine and that it isn't system/os related.
Hope some of this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back