Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Corel Draw 10 & 11 randomly crashing on XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

neoadmin

Technical User
Nov 6, 2002
Hi,

I'm having problems with CorelDraw v10 and v11 on Windows XP Pro, it will randomly crash and open the Corel Application Recovery Manager (CARM), this usually occurs either whilst opening .cdr files or editing shapes/modifying shapes within a .cdr file. The error report below is from v11, but v10 produces almost an idential CARMReport.dtd:

<EXEName>CorelDrw.exe</EXEName>
<EXEVersion>11.633</EXEVersion>
<ModuleName>ntdll.dll</ModuleName>
<ModuleVersion>5.1.2600.1217 (xpsp2.030429-2131)</ModuleVersion>
<CrashAddress>77F581BD</CrashAddress>
<OSName>Windows NT/2000</OSName>
<OSSubName>Win32</OSSubName>
<OSVersion>5.1</OSVersion>
<OSBuild>2600</OSBuild>

The software on the above machine is Windows XP Professional (SP1) and it has a Nvidia GEforce4MX graphics card.. I mention this as I have been on the phone many times to Corel Support, and they have said it could be graphics card drivers????!.. Anyhow, i've changed graphics cards, reset defaults many times in corel (f8 on starting corel) and changed default printers god knows how many times.. and still cant find a solution..

Any of you Corel gurus out there have any more ideas??

Thanks

NTDLL.DLL is a Windows OS file - if that's the thing that's crashing, it's not a fault of Corel, it's a OS issue - you might try reinstalling the latest OS service packs.

Best guess this, I know you have said you have changed default printers but do ensure the default printer is postscript, I have the Apple Laserwriter 12/640 set to file but any ps printer should do. Do you find Draw crashes most when you are zoomed in? and are your problems eased if you work in wireframe? Regarding V10 do you notice it more when working with lots of text?
Alan

javabearSTL, although I know NTDLL.DLL is a Windows OS file, the system has been installed from scratch using integrated Windows XP SP1 disc. I've also tried it on several other XP machines and the problem seems most promenent in XP, almost as if Corel itself has a problem with the NTDLL.DLL file, Windows not being at fault.

Brushman, I've tried setting the printer driver to a solely postscript driver and it didnt seem to help. Most of the crashes are when zoomed in resizing objects/shapes and text. Problems persist at the same regularity even in wireframe. I've tried every variant of Service Pack almost for Corel 10 (1,2,no service pack) neither seem to help.

What is strange though, is when the app (corel 10 or 11) is set to use Windows 98/ME Compatibility mode in XP, a lot of the crashing disappears, but with compatibility mode not being that good, things like printing do not work, and the app comes up with the odd weird error message, but doesnt crash anywhere near as much. Saying to me that there is still an issue with CorelDraw 10/11 and XP that is unresolved by Corel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back