Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Corel 9 (Essentials) Crashes - VBA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SWilent

Technical User
Sep 21, 2002
US
CorelDraw Essentials (which I understand is basically CorelDraw 9) crashes frequently under both Windows 98 and XP, on several of my machines. No apparent or obvious cause. I hear that MicroSoft Office and its Visual Basic for Applications somehow can cause this. Yes?

One bit of advice I've been given is : "Try holding down F9 whilst starting either essentials Draw or Paint, and if the problem goes away then add /NOVBA to the command lines for each short cut that launches the application."

I tried adding the /NOVBA switch, but CorelDraw (or is it Windows XP?) returns "Can't open the file NOVBA" error messages. Am I doing something wrong?

Anyone else solved this crashing problem?

SWilent

Did you include the "/NOVBA" switch within the quotes of the command line?? It needs to be outside of the quotes. In the "target" field type:
"C:\Program Files\Corel\Graphics9\Programs\coreldrw.exe" /NOVBA

Be sure to leave a space after the quoes and the "/". BTW, I noticed a difference in version 11, but not in version 9. But then again, I don't entirely know what I am looking for.

Aha! I see the trouble: I used the backslash (\), not the forward slash (/) -- the switch works with the /.

And yes, I did use the switch outside of the quotes.

Now, to see if the crashing stops....

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back