Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Corel 11 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

PDMan

Technical User
Sep 13, 2002
US
Whenever I open Corel Draw or Photo-Paint, I get the error message that "a necessary profile cannot be loaded - please reinstall." Corel's Knowledge Base says to copy the "corelapp.ini" file off the CD into the appropriate directory. I did, but the file was already there so I overwrote it. I'm still getting the same message.

Corel 10 did not give me this problem. Any ideas? I'm running Windows XP Pro on a Dell Optiplex with 512 megs ram.

Having the same problem, and am using CorelDraw10 in 98. Has worked fine forever, and the last couple of weeks, it simply won't work. (Says "CMS could not be utilized", and then "A necessary profile could not be loaded" and then it says CDRDPR100.DLL is the missing profile, and then it says "Condition #5000-DRAWDOC2-0424".) The .dll and .ini files are there. Have reinstalled twice, but it hasn't helped.

Maybe someone here can come up with a suggestion? Thanks!

Just something to try. Your color printer usually comes with a color profile which installs and is used by Corel. Try reinstalling or updating your printer drivers and re-doing your color matching settings in Corel.

Give it a shot.

GReG

I am also having problems with Corel 11. I am running it on my Compaq Presrio 2100 with Win XP Home Edition. Photo-Paint won't open and gives me the message:
The instruction at "ox10123bb0" referenced memory at "0x77f59037". The memory could not be "written".
It works on my other PC running Win XP Home Edition.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, I am preparing a website presentation.
Thanks, Ann Yearsley

I assume that f8 on start up has not cured your problem this maybe of interest, when I had to reinstall and has cropped up on the Draw NG. Sometimes unistalling Corel does not remove everything, manually delete any Corel folders left behind after uninstall. Some advocate editing the registry and deleting any reference to Corel but I would try the folders first as this worked for me. Now reinstall, leave the disk in and reboot. Remember to also reinstall your SPs. Hope this goes some way to help
Regards
Alan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back