Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Core Telephony - Media Bay Module firmware download complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

koulioumbis

IS-IT--Management
May 21, 2009
GR
Team i need some help.
I have a BM50R6 installed system with 4 ISDN BRI trunks.
The system was operating fine with standard ISDN trunks delivered over NT devices.
recently provider changed to IP and all backbone is IP but the customer CPE is a router that provides internet access plus ISDN BRI interface.
Since the change i am getting many errors that Core Telephony - Media Bay Module firmware download complete just after the alarm Core Telephony - Clocking on the Digital Trunk Media bay module has changed sources.
i assume i am getting different clock sources for each line so this is causing the issue.
Any suggestions? Provider is not very friendly, they say their line is fine....as always and they put an analogue phone on their router to prove that it has dial-tone.
rebooting the system clears the errors for a while but after some time it gets bombarded with many clock related alarms.

regards

Nikos

All 4 loops have clock set as secondary external.

Nikos

Hello Nikos

By default, I'm certain that the clocking would normally be Primary external as the clocking came from the Telco Exchange. In your case, the circuit was changed to VoIP and then back to ISDN2 and therefore the BRI trunks can't be syncronized.

It would have been easier to have gone over to SIP trunks. I can't see how you will be able to overcome those errors. If however the customer doesn't experience bad calls, then just disable the BRI alarms on the BCM.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back