Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cordless Phone Recommendation for Roving Receptionist

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbohn1

MIS
Apr 5, 2010
US
The receptionist is a multi tasker who is roving around the office doing various tasks. An auto attendant is in place, but many people zero out for the receptionist.

Currently the receptionist has a 3810 cordless digital phone. At times this works fine, however, the phone is getting old, probably battery life is failing, may have been dropped more than it should, and is a bit klunky.

I need a simple solution like the 3810. I've looked at an IP Office DECT solution, however, this customer is running an older version of the IP Office (don't know about compatiblity) and the DECT would be expensive for one phone.

Would be great to have Transfer, Hold, Mute, be able to answer more than one incoming line?, etc.

Question:
Where can batteries be purchased for the 3810?

More importantly, what solution(s) would work well for such a person.

I'm actually stuck in the same boat, I was actually wondering for a second if this was written by one of our other engineers.

I submitted an IP Dect proposal to the customer and they weren't having much of it :-/

Let me know if you find a better solution.

Transfer, hold, mute, multi line etc...you are talking deskphones, I don't know of any PABX that has the solution that you want (probably is somewhere). A receptionist should be sat doing his/her job really if they need to be mobile they need someone else to cover, or just simply do transfers and that can be doen with any old DECT phone :)

Ascom makes a wireless SIP phone, i62. The i75 (which seems exactly the same) is certified for IP Office. It uses the existing wireless IP network and requires a 3rd party lic. It does not require its own APs or a AVVP.

I like the phone, but it has the limitations of any SIP device--a real fancy single line device.

Frank

I think a standard DECT should work. Their are Mute features on them and if you enable call waiting etc you should be able to answer mulitple calls.

have a look at a GAP compatible Siemens Gigaset.

ACSS - SME
General Geek

1832163.png

there really is a need for a cordless that has multiple line/call appearances. I know panasonic have such a device, think it's the only 1 around. you could hook a pansonic pbx to the IPO and use it, although I expect it would be costly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back