Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cordless headset to work on 3904 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

telecomwoman

IS-IT--Management
Nov 22, 2006
US
Hello
I have a Plantronics (CS50) cordless headset and I am trying to hook it to a 3904 set..it workd if you press the headset button on the set..but the point of having a cordless is walking away and picking up your line..I have these same headsets hooked up to 2616..and they work fine..I have gone thru the programming and everything seems to be in place..any suggestions would be great..

Thanks
Debbie

The CS50 was designed to be plugged into the handset port NOT the headset port. Also it was designed to be used with the HL-10 Handset lifter to answer the phone when you are away from your desk.

The world's not getting any smarter: so you better learn to live with the stupidity...

Thank You for your responses..
TAnselm - that worked!!!! I never thought of that, beacuse with our 2616's we plug it into the headset spot..oh well, I just am happy that it works..

Thanks
Debbie

tnks TAnselm, didn't catch that. telecomwoman - fyi -

Automated Handset Lifter
An automated handset lifter is a device that lifts up the hand receiver of your phone when you have an incoming call. When used with a corded headset system, the handset lifter activates when you press a button on your amplifier. When used with a wireless headset system, the handset lifter allows you to answer the phone without returning to your desk to lift the receiver (by pushing a button on the headset or belt-pack). You can purchase automated handset lifters on the corded accessories page or wireless accessories page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back