Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Coral IPx500 Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyinbrian27

Programmer
Dec 29, 2003
US
Hey all,

Just started a new job that involves working with a Coral Tadiran IPX500 phone system for the first time. My previous experiences were all with Merlin systems (aside from a forgettable experience with M5).

First, I'll ask the obvious question: is the IPx500 Manual online anywhere? Our company doesn't appear to have one and I could really use that reference right now.

Second, my more specific question. Does the IPx system have the capability of testing network connectivity between itself and a phone? eg: I have a phone's IP address, and I want to see if the phone system can connect to the phone using the IP. Is there some kind of ping-like command?

Hey,

I have vaguely heard of Merlin but never seen or touched one so I can't compare.

Coral is easy to learn, and reliable hence why the customers (Defence, hospitals etc) who choose them do. See the FAQs I wrote
As for a manual, they're not online. You generally get them from being on a course or through a reseller or Tadiran themselves. I can get a copy and post a link here but give me a day or two. The FAQs will get you started.

No there's no network commands within the Coral PI (Progamming Interface). Actually there might be, it's been a while since I touched one. I'll check.

there is no ping like command, however, you can check under the IP portion of the database what phones are active. Go to Ip then keyset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back