Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Coral Computer Based reception console

Status
Not open for further replies.

mano6266

IS-IT--Management
Jul 31, 2009
US
The reception console for my customers Tadiran Coral has crapped out on them. Does anyone know of a good computer based reception console that works well with an older Tadiran Coral PBX?

Are you talking CAP (Computer Attendant Console) or FlexAttendant?

Either way, the answer is no. There is no 3rd party software that I know of for the Coral, nor any other PABX, for this.

How do you mean "crapped out"? If it's merely the software that has become corrupt, uninstalled, or otherwise faulty then just get it back working again. CAP has a dongle based licence - is the dongle plugged in to the PC and also has the PC connected to the APA on the phone?

Likewise with FlexAttendant, it's merely a reinstall of it to get it working if it's stopped.

If you're looking for something a bit more up to date then you could look at Navigator. But most things that have "crapped out" in software terms can be restored. It's not like a physical device has stopoped working.

Neither, this is old. It runs on an old OS2 machine. They are currently using it as a phone database list and thats all. The machine can't connect to the actual phone at the reception desk.

Geez, well before my time....and I've been working on them for a long time :)

It could be the COM port on the PC - checked?. Or it could be the APA on the phone that's failed - got another phone with an APA?

But I think it's probably about time they moved on from OS/2 anyway and this might be the kick they need. I'd suggest FlexAttendant ( these days for a single, or even a few position(s). But if they want lots of people to use the features like centralised directory, dialing from Outlook, screen pop etc etc then get them to look at Navigator (

Thanks, where would I get pricing for the flex attendant?

Best option is to use that link to find a reseller in your area. I don't know of anyone in the US.....various other countries yes, US no ;)

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back