Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Coral 120D Desk Set

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 29, 2004
US
I have 2 new phones I want to install but when I plug them in, the display says Stand Alone Mode - Phase 2 Completed. I can handle the button programming but how do I get these new phones on the system?

Hi, there could be several reasons for this but I'll also give you some background on it too.

Check DLIS for the port. You could have a 120D plugged in where at 280D used to be and it's mismatched. If so, you'll see the P_TYPE and I_TYPE are different and just Update it to the correct type. This is probably what has happened.

Or you have it plugged into an SLT port instead of a digital port. But you'd probably get Phase 0 in this case.

Or you have a FlexSet plugged into an old type digital card only meant for the DKT series phones.

Check those 3 things and it should sort it out. Below is some background on the Stand Alone Modes. What version/type of system do you have? Which country, US?

there are 3 Stand Alone Modes:
1) Phase 0 Completed - Hardware initialization completed; did not execute step 2
2) Phase 1 Completed - Layer 1 initialized; did not execute step 3
3) Phase 2 Completed - Layer 2 initialized; did not execute step 4

When the phone starts up it goes through the following sequence:
Step 1: Initialization of Hardware and Memory
Step 2: Initialization of Layer 1 communication - component synchronization, communication with Coral card
Step 3: Initialiization of Layer 2 communication - Line Access Procedure (LAP-D) with respect to card
Step 4: Initialization of Layer 3 communication - the main program initializaes and associates the relevant database areas for the keyset

When the telephone initialization program is running, an asterisk (‘*’) is displayed on the phone’s LCD display and the 4 steps listed above are carried out. In the event that
the initialization is not completed (Layer 3 was not reached or did not initialize within 10 - 20 seconds) the telephone will go into Stand-Alone mode.

Thanks for the quick reply. Based on your help, I think I have an old system that will not support the 120D phones. I am replacing a DKT-1110. I'm not sure about the version of the system though. Is there a command off the tree I can use to see that? I am in the U.S. and using hyperterminal to get in.

To find the version just login to the command line and at the top will be the version. You may have v9.x, v10.x, v11.x, v14.x or v15.x (I doubt you'll see older than that. v12 was specific to the hot swap Coral 3 only and v13 was skipped.)

You need SFT cards to run the FlexSets (also run DKT). The SDT cards only run the DKT phones. The type of card is physically printed on the front of the card but check CLIS to see it in programming.

The type of system can be determined in programming by seeing how many shelves and slots are in CLIS. Or physically the cabinet will say on the front.

Hope this helps.

That was it. My version is 10.x and all of my cards are SDT. Got a source for a couple of DKT-1110's?

I don't know anyone in the US sorry. I worked in NZ, Aus and now in UK so either of those I could tell you where to get them!

You can't buy them new anymore I don't think. Try eBay. There's usually quite a few on there. Or you could get a new SFT card as if you want to expand anymore you'll need it anyway.

You can try these links for locating a business partner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back