Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

COR vs NCOS 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

msk69

MIS
May 29, 2020
PK
Wanted some help. As a Norte engineer we used to restricts user dialing out through NCOS setting. We can defined 07 NCOS in nortel systems and in these NCOS any digit or Prefix we can allow or restricts, we the assign different NCOS to different users as par dialing requirements. We dont need different trunk groups / Routes in Nortel to restrict user to allow or deny an digit rather we used to have one single trunk group through which al dialout call goes through and to restrict users we assign different NCOS in extension settings.
Can somebody help how can we restrict or allow users using different COR while routing call from only one route pattern/trunk group??? i know in avaya we control user dialing using COR/FR relation but need advise/help if i can control using only COR and having ony one route / trunk group?

As long as your Route pattern has a higher FRL than the COR you've assigned to the phone, it should restrict it from dialing out. I hope I understood your question right.

A phone with a COR that is set to FRL 1 Can not dial out over a route pattern that has an FRL higher than 1.

You'd just have up to 8 route patterns using trunk group 1.
In each line of each route pattern you specify a trunk and FRL.

So, you could conceivably have route pattern 10-17 each use trunk 1 but each with FRL 0-7.
If you decided to use CORs 100-107 that happened to have FRL 0-7, that's how you'd have someone with COR 100/FRL 0 only be able to dial 911 and someone with COR 107 be able to dial the 1-900 psychic hotline.

FRL - Think of this as "money in your wallet" when it is part of the COR. When assigned to a Route Pattern, this is the "cost" of the call. So if you have 1 dollar in your wallet (COR with FRL 1) then you can afford a call via a route pattern with FRL 1. If you have FRL 7 then you can afford any call over any route.

I don't think you can control everything with just one COR and Route. Let's look at "Location 1" as an example.

Let's use the following FRLs for these types of calls.

Code:
0 = Emergency & Internal Only
1 = Toll Free
2 = In-State
3 = USA
4 = USA & CA
6 = International
7 = High Risk

You could also split out in-state local and in-state long distance.

For COR, I use the Location number as the first digit of the COR followed by the FRL. That makes CORs for Location 1 between 10 and 19 and would be something like this:

Code:
COR     Description                   FRL
10	User, Internal & Emergency    0
11	User, Toll Free               1
12	User, In-State                2
13	User, USA                     3
14	User, USA & CA                4
15	(Not used - used to be faxes) 5
16	Agent, International          6
17	User, High Risk               7
18	Agent, High Risk              7
19	CC, Supervisor                7

There would then be 7 Route Patterns for Location 1 for the different Call Types / FRLs
Code:
Route    Description            FRL
10	Emergency               0
11	Toll Free               1
12	In-State                2
13	USA                     3
14	USA & CA                4
15	(Not used)              5
16	International           6
17	High Risk               7

The Route Patterns will use the same trunk, just limit the type of call each station can place based on the COR/FRL.

ARS analysis would then be set to differentiate the area codes into their respective call type, with "011" indicating an "international" call. "High Risk" calls are part of the North America Dial Plan and still start with "1" but are to countries or other area codes that are often associated with toll fraud.

So Lobby phone could be set to COR 10 or 11 and only be able to make internal, Emergency, or Toll-Free. Most users would be set to COR 14, with some that need to call overseas (011...) set to 16. Very few would be set to COR 17.

I hope that helps.

Thanks everybody for help and guidance.[smile]

Yep FRL is same idea as FRL in RLI on CS1K so same or higher you get through, Route-patterens are a bit like the RLI in the fact they define the trunks to use and the FRL to allow. Also in COR you can use Toll tables which is a bit like the FCR in LD 49 on CS1K. So in the COR you could restrict all-toll (FCR set to default DENY) and then in the toll (change toll location x y (x=loc number and y=lead digit)) in there you can set your allows like you would in LD 49 and then assign these allow Tolls in the COR. There are a few different ways to achieve the same result if you are used to using FRL on RLI then ZeroZeroOne suggestion is practically the same, if you are used to using FCR then Toll table is similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back