Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Copying Viruscan Configuration Settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

bridgerm

Technical User
Jan 29, 2003
GB
Hi People,

Does anyone out there know a way of copying the configuration settings from mcafee virus scan. I want to be able to copy the settings to other machines without having to manually alter all the settings, but I do not know where these settings are stored locally.

many thanks for any help.

Mark

Hi

I would suggest using McAfee Installtion Designer if you need the same config on several machines.

ePO is another option.

Cheers
AVDude

if you are running win2k all over, on the win2k server install cd:
\VALUEADD\3RDPARTY\MGMT\WINSTLE

play with this and get to know the discover app, then run descover with enhanced registry scan, then install virus scan and configure it how you want it, then run the discover app again and do the "after" image, an msi file will then be created which is an image of what you have just done, wack that in the AD for software installations on the set of pc's you want it on and next time the user starts the machine it will be done for you...automaticly!.

HTH

Marc Marc Turner
Network Manager

E-Mail: Mturner@turnerm3.fsnet.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back