Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Copying text off a website

Status
Not open for further replies.

KM8888

Programmer
Nov 21, 2011
US
Hi All,

I've hit a bit of a roadblock as there are Text files that reside on a SharePoint drive that I initially was trying to download using the method below

Set req = CreateObject("Msxml2.XMLHttp.6.0")
req.open "GET", url, False
req.send

Problem is there is security that is preventing this from happening and there's no way I can get it lifted. I can navigate to a webpage to show the contents of the text file inside a webpage but I'm still struggling in trying to get all the text off of it so I can save it to a local file. I know it's probably not going to be pretty given that the above didn't work, I was hoping to store the documentElement as a variable and had no luck and even resorted to trying to do sendkeys commands of Select all/copy and that hasn't worked so far.

So my question is, if I have webpage that is able to open a text files contents on it what is the best alternative route to trying to scrape that text off the page?

Thanks in advance for any help provided!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back