Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

copying template doesnt work 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slappy133

Technical User
Oct 8, 2008
AU
Hi guys,
I have a template for my website, and I 'should' be able to drag it over a new page for it to apply. However, when I click and drag my .dwt file from the files list into my blank index.htm page, or any of the others ive made it opens up a new tab rather than adding the detail to my existing page. All the pages are just blank so not sure what the problem is..

Im still very novice at this, so im sure its something silly, but any advice would be appreciated. Bit hard having my template all up and running, and I cannot apply it! :)

Cheers
Todd

Drag? As far As I know, to create a New page based on a template you need to go to File->New, then select the "Templates" Tab there. The title of the window will then change to "New From Template", choose your template from there and click on Create.

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

You could also do it by opening a new blank page to start then go to "Modify", "Templates" and then "Apply Template to Page"

Just my 2 cents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back