Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Copying old server 3.11 to new server and upgrade to 4.12

Status
Not open for further replies.

HSam

MIS
Nov 17, 1998
US
Need to copy a 3.11 server (1GB) to a new server (4GB) and upgrade to 4.12 (yes 4.12...pretty sorry but that's what the soft vendor wants) and BTrieve 6.15. How can I do this? Do have a network and workstation backup on old system.

You have 2 options here. First is to use the Migrate utioity from netware (I wouldn't, too buggy). The second is to make a good, verified backup of you 3.11 server, including the bindery, restore it onto your new server and then perform an upgrade, using the 4.12 cd.

Warcorp, <br>
Thanks. Would it be better for me to do an over-the-lan copy after gening the "new" server with a primitive of 3.11 or do the tape routine?

HSam, either would certainly work as well. The over the LAN can certainly work very well, although, I would certainly have a verified backup of your server before you do anything..<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back