Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Copying old configuration to new configuration (from CM 6 to CM 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

makemetrend

Technical User
Jan 23, 2019
PH
Is there a way to transfer all the system configuration from old CM to new CM8 without using Provisioning Tool?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you can do a straight restore. Maybe there's a preupgrade patch for 6.x first and maybe you have to go through 6.3, but the 8.x install/upgrade guide should mention that.

You need 6.3.22 I think. I covered this answer sometime this week already. Try searching back a few days/week and you'll find it.

They spell out the upgrade path in the release notes and upgrade guides typically.

The problem is there's a new hardware to be implemented for CM 8 it is ASP130 using VM's.

I think using the back up in web gui of Old cm and restore it to CM 8 would be fine?

Backup and restore should work fine. You will have to recreate the admin users in the GUI and any other stuff that changed between versions in the GUI like remote syslogging and snmp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back