Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Copying/moving filtered documents

Status
Not open for further replies.

eman6

Programmer
Dec 7, 2004
CH
In a document library I occasionally need to copy certain documents that I select based on some filtering criteria.
Now after I do the filtering, I see the documents I need in the library, but there is no way I could copy all of them and paste them somewhere else (for delivery).
If I switch to explorer view, the filtering is gone.

It's nice to be able to filter a library, but it's useless if you can just watch the result and cannot do anything with it. :(
I tried to overcome this by creating a workflow using SharePoint Designer. I added a column of Yes/no checkboxes so that when I select documents (actually all of them after filtering) they move to an intermediate library (because the destination is not always the same.)
But I'm not entirely happy with this solution, because if the filtering result is 275 documents, I have to click 275 times. :((

Any (other) idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back