Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Copying Live Company to Test Company 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

zedsded

IS-IT--Management
Jun 9, 2002
Happy Holidays Tekkies,
Macola 7.6.4 MSSQL
I've developed a simple Ms Access data importing solution into Macola tables. I've tested it successfully in the TEST COMPANY. My boss insist that I show a successful test with values equal to the LIVE COMPANY. Which brings me to my question:
What is the best way to copy the LIVE COMPANY to TEST COMPANY (given that i do this on a weekend when no one is doing anything in the LIVE COMPANY). If i only want to show values affecting specific tables (e.g. IM and Distribution tables), can i do this with the SYSTEM MGR PROCESS (Import/Export)?
Thank you.

I usually do this by simply backing up the live company to disk and then restoring that backup into the test company. You can do both these steps through enterprise manager. When you're restoring into the test company you'll see an option to show backups from other companies - use this to select the backup of the live company you made first.

Peter Shirley
Macola Consultant, PA and surrounding states.

Thanks Crys' I haven't tried it...but looks promising...i don't see how it would not work! i'll run it tonight. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back