Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Copying forms - linked forms

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoanieB

Programmer
Apr 17, 2001
US
I created a form with a subform linked to it. It works fine. I copied it and changed ALL the queries behind both the new form and the new subform. The new subform refuses to link with the new form (I triple checked the queries). NONE of the command buttons work (like go to next record, first record, etc): I get an error message telling me the on click I entered as the event property...there is a problem with the function or event. It is exactly the same as the original form and the buttons work on that one. There are no qualifiers or anything within the on click subs - they were automatically generated by Access when I made the form and created the command buttons.
Any reason WHY these things are happening??? I have never had this problem before - does it has something to do with linked forms...?

Where are you coping the new form to? Is it the same database? I think you need to look at the code and the control sources for the new form if it is in the same database. let me know what you find. "The greatest risk, is not taking one."

I figured out WHAT but not WHY. Basically, I had a private sub defined behind the form that was calculating an outstanding balance based on two of the form's txtbx values. I removed the sub, made it a module function instead, and now all is well. The form is fine and the module works. I would say "I don't want to know!" But I really do! Why was this a problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back