Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Copying folders is giving me grief

Status
Not open for further replies.

mspain

IS-IT--Management
Mar 17, 2002
US
Hi all,

I am learning to use VBScript to create a Windows logon script. Right now, we are in the process of moving from a workgroup to a domain, so everyone has a local profile on the copmuter with their desktop and favorites, etc. What I want to do is have it so that when the users first log on to the domain, it will copy their Desktop and Favorites from their old profile to the new one (in this case it is C:\Docs and Settings\Username to C:\Docs and Settings\Username.MYDOMAIN)

Anyway, I thought I had this all nice and good as it worked fine when I tried logging in. When I tried logging in as a different user, however, I get a path cannot be found when I try to grab a folder object (ie objFSO.GetFolder(strSource)).

The only thing I can think of is that maybe this is some type of permissions problem? I think this because when I tried to open up C:\Docs and Settings\Username when the user was logged on I get an "Access is Denied Error." I, on the other hand, am an admin/domain admin and have no problem getting to other profiles on this computer.

I tried making the user a local admin, but I still got the same problem in the script and still am unable to open C:\Docs and Settings\Username.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back