Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Copying files onto a CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

BetB

Technical User
Mar 12, 2002
GB
Is it possible to back-up Word files/pictures on to a CD? I have Windows ME and Word 2000.

Sure, if you have a CD burner and the proper CD-burning software. This has nothing to do with the Software it was created in or your OS, but everything to do with hardware.

Burning files to CD makes them read-only, and you'll need to copy them back to your hard drive and uncheck the read-only property via Windows Explorer if you want to change them later.

If you don't understand, can you elaborate some more?

Dreamboat,

I am trying to use Nero burning rom to copy photos onto a CD - I am back up data on to floppies now. I have Kodak CD-R CDs and when following the wizard and it appears to work correctly onto the disk on drive E (which opened automatically to insert the CD). It says that after one picture the disk is full (??). How do you play this back as nothing happens if I click on drive E with the CD inserted? Is there anywhere I can read up about this process?

Try a different brand of CD-R disks. I used to have trouble with the extra layer of scratch protection that Kodak put on their disks about 3 years ago because the laser in my burner HP8100i apparently wasn't strong enough to get through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back