Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Copying files in VBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellooooooooo

Technical User
Oct 21, 2005
GB
Hello

I need to deliver some files out to everyone of our computers. Our SMS is not working, so i'm resorting to pushing it out by commands.

Here is the command I want to use:

robocopy \\Softserver\software\Roll_out\READER9 \\CSite15\c$\READER9\ /mir /r:1 /w:1 /log:\\Softserver\software\Roll_out\Adobe9Rep\Csite15.txt

As I have a lot of computers to update, I have made a list of networked computer in a text file c:\Netlist.txt How can I get the script to use the command, but get the target computer form the txt file??

At the moment I have it working as a batchfile, but have to change the computer name for every line.

Any help would be great.

Cheers

Marty

Hello,

Yep, we are on a domain. So I can use the login script to deliver the files. Hopefully I will work out the syntex so that I can also get the files to install through login script in quiet mode.

Cheers

Marty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back