Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Copying Data from One Record to Another

Status
Not open for further replies.

dauerpharmd

Technical User
Jan 23, 2004
US
I am very new to Access and am having some trouble. I am trying to create a form to enter motel reservations so I can eventually run reports on occupancy, etc. I would like to somehow link the information so that when I enter a particular first and last name into the form it will automatically fill in the address and phone number for that person (i.e. I want to be able to get away with less typing). I am sure this is possible but don't have the faintest idea how to do it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have performed many web searches looking for help and have come up with nothing.

I did get that to work. I can get it to copy information. However, now I can't get it to allow me to add a new entry. I know that I need to use NotInList property but I am now having problems using it. It keeps giving me the error that the entry is not of the correct type and then it doesn't add. Any suggestions on the code? I can do things if I find a wizard but am a little clueless when it comes to creating code.

I apologize but I am pretty novice with code. I entered what you had on that previous thread and changed to my combo name (combo44) but am still getting

"User defined type not defined" when I attempt to add a new name to the list and it highlights and points to this part of the code:

Private Sub combo44_NotInList(NewData As String, Response As Integer)
Dim db As DAO.Database

I am guessing there is something else that needs to be personalized for my database but I don't particularly understand code so I don't know what to change. Any help??

I and the owners of the motel that I am working on this for thank you. We wouldn't have gotten this far on our own. ;)

Thanks, Stephanie

I know the problem you are having. I have a .pdf file that explains how to solve this.

Please send your email and I'll forward it to you.

Thanks,

Jerome Benton
JERPAT Web Designs
GOD Is Good All The Time!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back