Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Copying a file to the server then attaching to an e-mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

scliffe

MIS
Jan 5, 2007
GB
We have as part of our interface an option for people to send texts or e-mails to others and want to add the option of attachments. These are then sent from the server to the recipients.

Basically, we're looking at what options there are in copying the file selected (in the designed dialog box whose path is then entered into a section on the form) to the server and attaching to the e-mail that is then sent. Is there any way of doing this?

e.g. To send bob.doc we want to copy bob.doc from [local machine]c:\pathname\bob.doc to [server]c:\attachments\bob.doc then attach that to the e-mail created by the form and send the e-mail and the attachment out. This attachment could then be removed from [server]c:\attachments

Any thoughts?

Well, you may can use the FileSystem object (you'll need a reference set in VBA, I think) to copy the file to the network location.

For the email portion, I am sure there is a way directly within VBA, but I can't think at the moment as to what would be best to use.

I did find this, however:

--

"If to err is human, then I must be some kind of human!" -Me

And you might could use the same properties referenced in the code in thread705-1367295.

--

"If to err is human, then I must be some kind of human!" -Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back