Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Copy Records To A New Table, Triggered By Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadez

Programmer
Jul 5, 2001
US
Ok I have I have a form that is a compilation of 3 tables. Not sure if that info will matter.

Heres what I am trying to do, Copy data from the above form into a new table. Selectivly, so that when I look at a record I can trihgger it with a copy button. Then all info on that form is then copied over to the other table.

Shadez,

Try copying the record into an array, open the table as a DAO object and append the array data. I use this all the time & it works just fine.

John

Shadez,
I asked a similar question at thread181-84078 and got a response from DanIT that solved my problem. Bet it could help you too.
HTH, Michael

Could you also do a "make table" query (triggered by the button) that selected the data you wanted by using the current record on the form as the criteria? Dawn

dawnd3

You couldn't use a Make-table query in this scenario because a Make-table query deletes the existing table (and therefoe the existing data) before creating the new table. Since Shadez is trying to add one record and not the whole table, this isn't a viable solution.

You could probably use an Append query though.

.02c

Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back